Michael is an experienced business leader with over 30 years of broad experience in strategic management, operations management, marketing management, acquisitions and integration, and financial management. With a history of building organizations and driving growth in businesses ranging from Fortune 50 to small business, in industries ranging across Industrial Manufacturing, Consumer Packaged Goods, Construction, Business Services, Real Estate Development, Global Logistics, Consulting and Not-for-Profit, Michael has held positions including CEO, COO, CFO, President, Brand Manager, Vice President Marketing & Development, and Controller. Importantly, Michael has over 25 years of owner/operator experience in small and mid-size businesses.
“I believe in Freedom, including Freedom for business owners: Financial Freedom, Freedom to pursue a lifestyle, and Freedom of choice as to how they spend their time, build a legacy, and transition their business when the time comes”.
“I help Business Owners Work Their Way to Freedom.”
Michael holds an MBA from Emory University with concentrations in Finance and Marketing Management and a BA from Northwestern University with a double major in Economics and Economic Geography.
Active in Association and Community service leadership, Michael has served in several volunteer roles, including:
- Member of four Advisory Boards to startup technology and business services organizations
- Director, Needle’s Eye Ministries – 2 years (current)
- Former Vice President, Chair – Board Resources & Governance: St. John’s Church Foundation (Historic site/education) – 20 years
- Resident business coach at BizWorks Business Incubator – Chesterfield County, Virginia
- Former Lay Member, Judiciary Committee of The Bar Association of the City of Richmond – 3 years
- Past President, Officer and Director: Cast Polymer Association (Trade Assn. - $2Bn Industry) - 6 years
- Past President, Officer and Director: Rotary Club of West Richmond – 8 years
- Former Trustee, past Vice President: West Richmond Rotary Club Foundation – 3 years
- Past Trustee: St. John’s Church Endowment Fund – 2 years
- Former Senior Warden, Treasurer and vestry member: St. John’s Church – 6 years
Ecstatically married to Gloria, they share four children and six grandchildren and reside in Richmond, Virginia.